Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Writing reflection

-Ideas and content
My essay was focused on the topic. However, some of the sentences didn't make sense. I wasn't really sure about my topic, so it was harder for me to write better essay. Therefore, my explanations and details weren't really specific and clear to the readers. However, I focused on my topic and related to quotations to the main idea of the paragraph. I gave reasoning and quotation for every each body paragraph to support for my ideas. I wasn't prepare for this essay before. Also, it was my first time writing in-class essay. I was really nervous and didn't know how to control my time. At the end, I started to write weird sentences and had no time to go over them. Getting chased by the time made me to make more mistakes. Next time, I will try to organize my time and reread my essay before handing it in.
-Organizations
My essay did start with interesting hook which is quotation. However, I forgot to relate my quotation into my essay topic. Also, I followed the rubric so it has at least two body paragraphs, introduction and conclusion. However, I could have done better if I prepare for my essay. Before that day, I didn't finish my preparation paper. Next time, I will be prepared for my essay before the class starts. Also, I should have control my time better, so I can read over my essay and fix my mistakes. Also, I should read rubric before class, so I can follow the 'A' section of the rubric.
-Personal Growth
My Julius Caesar essay wasn't better or worse than my Alchemist Essay. I wasn't trying my best on my essays. However, from now on I am trying to improve on my writing skill to make my personal growth. I started to understand more about the book. I read Julius Caesar before, therefore I knew more about the book. However, it was my first time reading the Alchemist. As a result, I could understand and write better for essay. Also, I had stronger opinion for Julius Caesar Essay.
-SLR Reflection
Think creatively, because we had to figure out the characterization of a character inside the story, we had to think like the character. For me, I had to be like Cassius to know more about his characterization. I had to think of Cassius's situation and his opinion against Caesar.

No comments:

Post a Comment